(Please contact us directly for detailed technical information at 702-451-7155)
K-tect Sustainable Building Systems are light gauge metal stud framing with a proprietary design that integrates insulation and eliminates thermal bridging.
The results are an airtight building envelope of maximum thermal performance providing comfortable, healthy and safe indoor air quality. GreenSpec listed (www.greenspec.com).
About EPS insulating core used in K-tect Sustainable Building Systems
**Does not rely on any "insulating" gas, such as pentane or HCFCs, for thermal insulation performance and thus are completely constant over the long term. (Benefits do not diminish over time but last the lifetime of the building structure.)
**During and shortly after manufacture, pentane is exchanged with air in the cells of the EPS and may be collected for disposal. (No harmful chemicals and no offgassing.)
**Requires the least amount of material to meet the necessary thermal and mechanical performance standards required in construction applications.
**GREENGUARD Certified for Homes and Children and Schools.
Download the complete MBDC Cradle to Cradle Assessment of Styropor EPS insulating core
Please double click on PDF for download.
K-tect Systems Product Information including new K-tect Retro-Wrap for existing structures
K-tect LEED Point Contributions
LEED for Homes Contributions Detail
LEED v3 Commercial and Institutional Contributions Detail
K-tect Wall System
K-tect Wall System with optional Neopor Insulating Core
K-tect Roof System
K-tect Floor System
New! K-tect Retro-Wrap (Exterior / Interior Walls and Roofs) for Existing Structures. (See above product brochure)
ASTM E119-07a Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials for a fire endurance rating of 1 hour, while maintaining a live load of 2,208 pounds per lineal foot. (Intertek Testing Services)
California Title 24
ASHRAE 90.1, 90.2
International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
Meets or exceeds all building codes
Meets or exceeds all green building standards
Up To 72 LEED Points
CSI# 07 41 00 Thermal and Moisture Protection
CSI# 07 42 00 Exterior Wall and Roof Assemblies
- Depending on the design or need, typically K-tect sections are made in section widths of up to 8 feet and heights of up to 16 feet.
- Sections are built to dimensional lumber sizes
- 2 x 4 = 3 1/2" thick
- 2 x 6 = 5 1/2" thick
- 2 x 8 = 7 1/4" thick
- 2 x 10 = 9 1/4" thick
- 2 x 12 = 11 1/4" thick
- Wall Sections are 20 gauge steel studs at 24" on-center
- Floor and Roof Sections are 18 gauge steel studs at 24" on-center
- Custom size sections are available upon request.
- Plumbing and electrical chases are cut at the factory or may be cut on-site with a “hot knife” which is provided in the K-tect package.
- Wind load is achieved by various methods depending on local requirements. This may be done by tie downs, sheet metal, plywood sheathing, hardy board, etc.
- All K-tect Systems meet all hurricane and seismic requirements/codes.
Caruso, Turley, Scott
The price of K-tect Systems help make homes and buildings more affordable to own.
K-tect Systems are one of the most cost effective green building light gauge metal stud framing systems on the market today.
- Significantly reduce energy consumption.
- Reduce overall construction costs
- Reduce construction site waste
- Reduce air conditioning and heating capacity.
- Reduce maintenance requirements
- Reduce weather related delays
Because of the superior energy efficiency of K-tect, many projects built with our product are eligible for special mortgage rates and/or government incentives.
Price is based upon square foot of K-tect sections and not on the square foot of the overall home or building structure.
In addition to cash and checks, we also accept payment via Visa or MasterCard. Based upon the amount charged, a handling fee may apply.